The National Supportive Housing Network is a non-profit, non-partisan organization committed to increasing access to housing for people with disabilities. Special emphasis is placed on preventing homelessness and expanding housing opportunities that are affordable to persons with disability income limits and persons unnecessarily housed in institutions.
Ways that we try to increase access to housing:
- providing technical assistance to providers to create supportive housing that is affordable and accessible.
- providing information to consumers about ways to find housing or to increase their income resources.
- providing information to caregivers about support services and diversion programs to help keep their loved ones at home.
- providing research and policy information to policy makers to create better laws and programs that increase access to housing that is affordable and accessible to persons with disabilities.
- sharing of knowledge by disseminating best practices and research
- providing information to advocates on how to use use existing laws to increase access to housing, and other ways to influence policy makers on how to improve housing resources in their community.
The organization was founded in 2008 and is supported by membership and donations from people like you!.